I don’t know about you, but I truly enjoyed the heck out of my holidays this year. My boyfriend and I were able to travel to New Orleans to be with my entire family and it was such a wonderful trip! It has been so hard to get everyone home for a single holiday over the last few years – so for me – it was a total win.
But, now that we are finally home and the holiday’s are behind us – I am now in “it’s going to be a kickass 2017” mode!
That means – hitting the reset button, cleaning and decluttering my house, organizing my computers and inboxes, showing gratitude for everything I accomplished in 2016 and spending time focusing on and asking for what I want in 2017!
This is key. In order to accomplish and acquire everything you want in 2017 – you must know exactly what it is you want to accomplish and acquire! You have to spend time focusing on and asking for your desires.
I did this in the beginning of 2016 – and man what a year I had!
Here are a few things from my 2016 grateful list:
- First year fully on my own. I worked for myself for a solid calendar year!
- Made more money in one year than I did working as an attorney.
- My jewelry line was sold in stores NATIONWIDE. From California, to Texas, to Florida, to Pennsylvania.
- Traveled to Europe for the first time. I got to spend two weeks visiting London and Paris.
- Worked with brands from all over the map and fellow business owners on my fashion blog.
- Took my mindset and my life in general to a whole new level.
- Was able to travel and work at the same time. Not only was I able to travel all over the US, but more importantly, I was able to go visit my family in New Orleans for a solid week every other month! (I’m a first time aunt to a beautiful little girl so this was a big deal to me.)
- Went to game 7 of the World Series. I got to see the Cubs win the World Series after 108 years in person.
- Hired my first part-time employee.
- Majorly up-leveled my wardrobe and self-care routines.
- Developed all three websites and brands (jewelry line, fashion blog, coaching) on my own.
- Invested in a high level coach who helped me take my life and business to the next level.
- Launched my dream business of helping and coaching other women create a life for themselves like I have created for myself.
Like I said – those are just a few things. But, man what a year it was. And next year, at this time, I want you to look back on YOUR grateful list and think – holy smokes what a year!
So, I put together a few things I did in 2016 – that can help you get started in 2017:
1. I LEARNED MINDSET IS EVERYTHING AND I WORKED ON MY MINDSET EVERY SINGLE DAY
Training your mind (reprograming how it thinks, what it says to you, etc.) is so critical when it comes to building your own successful business (or two). I spent time every day tapping into that mindset, being grateful for everything I had and really believing that everything I wanted and desired was available to me. Creating alone time to work on mindset work everyday is a non-negotiable in my book.
2. I LET GO OF ALL THE FEAR THAT WAS HOLDING ME BACK.
FEAR is a killer and was 100% holding me back until I let it go. Worrying about failure and what other people think is a waste of time. You must let it go and do whatever it is you want to do.
One of my favorite books is Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. One of my favorite parts is when she shares a piece of wisdom from a women in her mid-seventies. The women said this “We all spend our twenties and thirties trying to be perfect, because we’re so worried about what people will think of us. Then we get into our forties and fifties, and we finally start to be free, because we decide that we don’t give a damn what anyone thinks of us. But you won’t be completely free until your reach your sixties and seventies, when you finally realize this liberating truth – nobody was everything thinking about you, anyhow.”
So let go of that fear today – don’t wait until your 60 or 70 to do what you really want to do.
3. I SURROUNDED MYSELF WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE AND NEVER STOPPED LEARNING.
You are who you surround yourself with. So I made a point this year to surround myself with the do-ors and the thinkers. The go-getters and the hard workers. I slowly pulled away from people who were dragging me down. I invested in a coach and surrounded myself with other women in the industry. I be-friended other girl bosses that are out there killing it. And I never ever stopped learning. I read daily, I gained value daily, and I educated myself daily.
4. I LET GO OF THE NEED TO BE PERFECT IN EVERYTHING I DO AND JUST WENT FOR IT.
My need for perfection was killing me. It was wasting time and holding me back from my full potential. And it will kill you too. It will hold you back from ever reaching the success you desire. So, I had to let go of the mindset that everything had to be perfect before stepping out on my own. I had to learn how to say yes to opportunities before I knew how I would even make it happen. I had to learn how to jump without a net under me. I had to learn how to go for it without having everything mapped out. I learned how to just go for it.
And let’s just say – I am so happy I did.
Get started on 2017 now love! There is no time to waste!